This Privacy Notice explains how we use any personal information provided to James E. Smith (Timber) Ltd.
Who are we ?
James E. Smith (Timber) Ltd is a company registered in England.
Registration number: 01742443
Registered address: Soho Pool Way, Park Road, Hockley, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5JA
We are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer, but you can contact us by post at the above address, by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0121 523 2261 if you have any queries.
What information do we collect from you?
• We collect information about you when you become a supplier to us or customer with us or place an order for products or services.
• We do not store personal information about customers or suppliers unless they operate their business from their home address. All information is stored for the purposes of conducting legitimate business.
Why do we collect this information?
• We collect information about you to enable us to provide products or services which you have purchased from us.
Who might we share your information with?
• We may share your personal information with third party suppliers, such as couriers or hauliers, to allow us to deliver the product or service which you have purchased.
• We do not share your personal information with any other company unless we need to for us to provide the product or service to which you have purchased from us.
• We will never pass on your personal information to other companies for marketing purposes.
What do we do with your information?
• Internal record keeping.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• Your personal information is stored and processed on our internal systems to allow us to provide the product or service to which you have purchased from us.
• Some of our systems may be hosted on third party servers but all information is held inside the UK or the EU.
How long do we retain your information?
• We store information about you while you are a customer or supplier and may continue to store this for up to 12 months after a relationship has ended.
• We may store some information about you for a longer period on historical backups or due to external regulations imposed on us as a business (for instance by HMRC).
How can I access the information you hold about me?
• You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write
to us at the following address. Please be aware that an administration charge may be payable for this service.
• email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• post : Soho Pool Way, Park Road, Hockley, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5JA
• We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. To ask us to correct or remove information about you, please email or write to us at the addresses above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your right to complain.
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF